15 People from Elchamus, Baringo South have been admitted at the Baringo Referral Hospital after having an afternoon meal. This was after a morning of hard labour at a firm owned by Eric Omondi.
Eric had hired some men to help him with firm work. It is suspected that the food was poisonous. The symptoms exhibited by the patients point at ingestion of a poisonous substance.
They had stomach aches, diarrhoea and they were vomiting. Some of them had form coming out of their mouth.
2 of the 17 casual labourers are yet to be found. The county government has dispatched an ambulance with police escort to look for them.
Police are also investigating the circumstances under which the incident occured.
The county commissioner of Baringo, Henry Wafula, has said that samples of the said food have been taken to the government chemist for investigation.
The minister of health has said that the affected people are still undergoing medication and they are in stable condition.