The High Court has issued fresh orders directing the government to facilitate the entry of lawyer Miguna Miguna back to the country on Tuesday, January 7.
Issuing the orders on Monday, Justice Weldon Korir barred the Immigration department and other State agencies involved in the case against interfering with Miguna’s return on Tuesday or any other date.
Court ORDERS issued by the High Court at Nairobi today:
1) Miguna Miguna to enter Kenya UNCONDITIONALLY.
2) All State agents and officers are ORDERED not to interfere with Miguna Miguna’s unconditional entry into Kenya.
3) Miguna’s ID card enough for entering Kenya.
3) The KNCHR to present Miguna’s Kenya Passort No. A116842 at immigration for identity purposes.
4) The Director of Criminal Investigations and Director of immigrations Alexander Muteshi are ORDERED to facilitate the entry of Miguna Miguna into Kenya on January 7, 2020, or on any other day Miguna Miguna chooses.
5. Full access by advocates and KNCHR at Immigration Desk at the JKIA, Nairobi on January 7, 2020 or on any other day Mr. Miguna Miguna enters Kenya.
The Directorate of Immigration Services on Monday promised to comply with a court order directing it to facilitate the return of forcefully exiled lawyer and activist Miguna Miguna.
A statement signed by Director General Alexander Muteshi indicated that the migration department would allow Miguna free entry into the country as ordered by the courts.