A student from the United States International University has been found dead in her apartment.
According to Kenyans the student had held a party at her apartment On 13th April with a couple of guys.
The party went well and her guests left the following day before 7pm.
Having not seen the girl for 24 hours after her guests left, the caretaker of the apartment got concerned and decided to go check up on her.
The door was not locked. He walked in and stumbled on the lifeless body of the young lady on the floor in the living room.
The police were called to the scene where they found bottles of codeine, and several rolls of bhang.
It is suspected that she overdosed on the drugs but investigations are underway to ascertain what killed her.
Codeine is a prescription pain medication used to treat mild to moderate pain but many youths have turned it into a drug. It makes one high and it is addictive.
Some of the side effects of codeine are organ failure and even madness. In 2018 BBC News Africa did a feature to expose the cartels behind the illegal sell of codeine in Nigeria.