A society cannot progress without fathers. Yesterday was father’s day, but it was not celebrated with hype and pomp as compared to Mother’s day. To some, the day went unnoticed.
Just as our mothers play an important role to see us succeed, our fathers also give their all just to see us become better people in the society. They instill discipline, provide for the family and bear the burden of school fees and other basic needs.
When we say father, we are not referring to dead beat dads. We are talking about fathers who have stepped up to take responsibility.
Here are 7 things that your father will never tell you.
- I have noticed all your friends have a certain hostile attitude, I like that.
- Here is my credit card and the keys to my new car, go crazy
- Your mother and I are going away for the weekend, you might consider throwing a party
- What do you want to get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
- I am lost, Looks like we’ll have to stop and ask for directions.
- Now that you are thirteen, you will be ready for un-chaperoned car dates, Won’t that be fun?
- What do I want for father’s day? Don’t worry about that. It’s no big deal.
We have grown up to know that fathers are strong, resilient, unshakable and have it all figured out. Happy father’s day to all the responsible fathers who never tire to see that their children get the best.
This article is courtesy of Mary Morrisey